Sorry folks, no photo… And this my first recipe post!!
This is one I made up on the spot. I’ve been cooking rissoles since I was a kid (rissoles were a staple meal in my family – a good way to get kids to eat their veges according to my mum and dad!). Anyways, here it comes – you will have to use your imagination.
– Packet of beef mince (about 500g or thereabouts)
– fresh chopped rosemary
– a couple of shallots, thinly sliced
– a squirt of mild chilli from the tube
– a generous squirt of italian herbs (tube)
– a teaspoon of sundried tomato pesto
– a bit of grated cheese (I used Havarti)
– 1 egg
– salt & pepper to taste
– enough breadcrumbs to bring it all together
Just mix it all together (use your hands and it will come together nicely). Roll into balls and flatten out. Put aside for a good 10mins before cooking. If I have time, I stick them in the fridge for 20mins before cooking – they are less likely to fall apart during cooking.
I handed them to hubby to cook on the weber!
We served these with some crispy bacon, roasted pumpkin, crispy potatoes and steamed carrots and broccoli.
They were very tasty – only I think next time I would add a little minced veg (potato, onion) to lighten them up.
As there was only 2 of us, I only made enough for us. They freeze well, so you could cook them all. I made the leftover mince mixture into little meatballs and froze them (uncooked). These are tasty enough to serve as finger food on their own.